*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378421-Number-of-Children
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#378421 added October 10, 2005 at 11:36am
Restrictions: None
Number of Children
I was at work the other night and was talking with one of the cashiers. Her name is Rochelle and she is a very nice person who is also working two jobs. During the day she is a manager at one of the local gas stations. During our conversation she mentioned her kids. I asked her how many she had, thinking it would be one or two at most since she looked rather young to me. The answer shocked me...she has eight (8) kids. She said they are basically two generation though since her oldest is 26. That floored me too because I didn't even think she was 26.

Before we left that night we were talking once again. I glanced down at the counter near where she was standing and happened to catch her shirt out of the corner of my eye. There was a whole in the belly area the size of a dollar bill if not bigger. This started me thinking...should there be a limit on how many children one person can have??

I am not saying she is a bad mom or looking down on her for the choices she has made. I just started thinking that the more children you have the tighter your money becomes and the more hours you will have to put in at work. By time you catch a break you have already missed so many years of your children growing, which you don't get to relive. I don't doubt that she gives everything she can to her children and spends little on herself and I have no doubt that her kids feel loved, but wouldn't there be an empty feeling on both their parts where they are longing to spend time with one another?

I could be thinking way out in left field since I have not experienced the gift of children yet, but in my mind I would think I would rather have less children if that ensured more quality time with them.

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378421-Number-of-Children