*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377388-Working-Retail
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#377388 added October 5, 2005 at 7:54am
Restrictions: None
Working Retail
Okay, I am not sure if this is normal or not since this is my first time working in the retail world, but there are some things that go on in this store that I am not used to.

For example, last night I was working and for whatever reason I decided to look at the schedule. I had looked at it when it came out on Friday and saw I'd be working Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings. The schedule that I was looking at did not match that. They now had me scheduled for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Hmmm, could this be the reason people don't show up for their shifts...they aren't aware they are scheduled to work?!?!?! I confronted my manager about it and she was upset by it, but said unfortunately it happens more often than not. Oh joys!!!

Then I found out that my general manager, the one that I thought was nice, which is the person Mark turned his application into, used Mark as an example in a Manager's meeting. He mentioned how a kid (yea, right) turned in his application and put he couldn't work Sunday's. So John told him they would not be calling him. John disposed of his application. How wrong is that?! Here he is willing to work the other 6 days of the week and that is still not good enough? Not to mention, that is exactly what I had put on my application and I was called within 1 hour of turning it in. Hmmm, could it be he only likes females?! *Confused*

I guess my saving grace is that I truly like my manager, Brenda. She is very fun to work with and treats the people in her department very well. I had not seen her in nearly a week and she greeted me with a hug, then because it was a little slow and I had been busting my butt all evening she let me go a little early. Gotta love the managet's that appreciate their employee's!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377388-Working-Retail