*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377180-Jury-Duty
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#377180 added October 4, 2005 at 9:00am
Restrictions: None
Jury Duty
I went to the court house yesterday morning very excited and waiting with great anticipation to be called to a trial. I sat there until 11:40 a.m. without my number being called once. Others had come and gone and came back by this point. My group walked up to the court room where we were told to go to lunch and meet back there at 1pm.

My spirits were lifted with the thought that I would finally get called upon. Ate my lunch and hurried back so I could be there in plenty of time to hit the bathroom and walk up to the 5th floor. Sat there waiting with the rest of the group. Finally, a few minutes after 1pm, they counted us off...one person was missing. They said they would return in a few minutes.

We watched people going in and out of the court room. About 10 minutes later she came back and escorted us into the court room. We sat in the benches while the Judge spoke to us. As I was sitting in the front row, he picked me out to use for an example...I was to play a robber. Hmmm, what was he trying to say?! *Smile* Then he was going to tell us about the case...it had been settled while we were waiting in the hall. UGH! However, it was a case with Jerry Figer (sp) and would have taken 3 weeks.

We went back down to the holding area and I sat until 3:55pm. They announced all the court rooms had enough jurors and that we were releived of our duty. What a very boring day!!!!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377180-Jury-Duty