*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376518-most-likely
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#376518 added September 30, 2005 at 11:32pm
Restrictions: None
most likely
Had fallen into bed after getting home from having lunch with my oldest daughter. That's gotten to be our routine this semester, lunch after we're both finished at school on Friday. The nap afterwards has become a routine for me as well. Seems like I really need one by Friday afternoon, and sometimes I sleep well into Friday evening. What a shame, huh? "Friday evening" sounds like too good a thing to sleep through.

Today, I woke up when my youngest daughter got home from school. She usually comes in pretty quietly, or else comes in and starts some music. Either way, she usually never says much. Today, she came in chattering in sufficient quantities and volume to make me wonder, in my sleepy haze, what she was so excited about.

Turns out, they'd voted for senior superlatives today, and she was voted "most likely to change the world." How cool. She's my youngest, and the first one to get voted anything in the senior superlatives polling. Constance was the Japanese Club sweetheart in some parade or another though.

I guess Faith has had a pretty interesting junior high and high school career. The events that stand out most in my mind are her playing football on the 8th grade team with the boys, and the time she clobbered a boy who'd been bullying her for over two weeks when she finally had enough. Wow, I think I was spending a lot of time on this website back when she was playing eighth grade football, and she's in twelfth grade now.

She went to the homecoming game tonight and screamed herself hoarse, but not so much that she didn't still chatterbox some more when we went to pick her up. She's happy. I'm happy. And we had a nice evening out tonight, on top of all that.

Life is good. Sorry that makes for such a boring journal entry.

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2005 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376518-most-likely