*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376375-Working-hard-on-the-computer--headache
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#376375 added September 30, 2005 at 9:59am
Restrictions: None
Working hard on the computer = headache
Today I've done well on the WW front. I got to my 10,000 steps and I even managed 2L of water. I did 20 out of 22 points today which is great. I feel very good about myself. *Smile*

For anyone who's never followed the Weight Watchers plan the rule about food is to eat a balanced diet (daily requirements of each food group) up to a certain point limit. Because of my current weight my current daily limit is 22 points and anything between 18 and 22 is considered excellent.

Doing exercise earns bonus points and by doing my 10,000 steps I reach what is considered a healthy level of activity plus at least 1 bonus point. You can eat up to 12 of these bonus points per week but I plan to save mine. By saving them (assuming you don't earn so many that you body needs them as sustinance) I should be losing weight faster.

That's not what I was planning to talk about today. I've been busy today getting my role playing website online. Ipseitys is now in action. There are still a number of features to add but my primary goal at the moment is site promotion. I need to get some players together and this can only be done by creating awareness of the site.

There are a number of things a web designer needs to do to generate awareness on the web. Anyone can plop a webpage down on the web but unless you do some of these things no one will visit because the web really is this huge weave of links.

At the moment I'm optimising my META tags. META tags are little bits of code hidden in the page. The visitors can't see it but web sites like Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc. use these tags to figure out how to list your website on their search engines. The idea is to use specific words that are important in relation to the website and to use them frequently. The more specific words are found, the more importance the search engine gives them. The more important yours keywords the higher you'll rank when people search those sites for that keyword.

The great thing about this is that there are websites out there that help you know how optimised your keywords etc. are for your site. So my goal is to get all these little bits green. Which should make my site rank highly when people search for information about role playing online.

Of course, it all requires a lot of brain power. A lot of surfing. A lot of fiddling. Which means I have a headache. *sighs* What is worse is it's nearly bed time and I know that I'm going to have trouble turning my brain off because I'm leaving this task unfinished for the night. Still, I can't afford to stay up until it's done, especially not with this headache.

So, that's my day for you all. If anyone stumbles across her who is interested in Medieval Fantasy Role Playing Games. Feel free to check it out. It's not as pretty as I plan (because I'm no graphic designer but I do plan to hire one when I find one I like who can do it for a reasonable price) but it should, hopefully, be fully functional.



G'night everyone and I hope you all have a productive day. Don't over do it and make sure you have a chance to do something you love. *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376375-Working-hard-on-the-computer--headache