*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376050-drop-plop-and-limp
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#376050 added September 28, 2005 at 10:49pm
Restrictions: None
drop, plop and limp
Okay, yeah. Had the tooth yanked. Can't really use the word "yanked." It was more like.....a siege. Took too long to be referred to as "yanked." I thought I'd be fine afterwards. Last time I had a tooth pulled, I was in my late 30's, and went to work afterwards. It was a part-time job, and I remember being slightly miserable, but nothing like yesterday. I made it to the first class, but then the novacaine started wearing off. Made it back to my car, back home and to the prescription pain medicine. Slept. Woke up. Took more prescription pain medicine. Slept. Woke up. Limped along at school today. Got home. Did absolutely necessary homework. Took more prescription pain medicine. Foggy. Brain-foggy.

On the bright side of the brain-fog cloud, found out the five page rough draft I thought would be necessary to write tonight won't be due till Tuesday. Woo-hoo, five extra days to work on it! And tomorrow night, hopefully finishing the other rough draft I started working on Monday night.

I guess...or I'm hoping, all the foggy-headedness means my brain is resting up and will be refreshed and ready for action by that time.

Dentist says another tooth has to come out. I hope it can wait till the end of the semester. I want to have lots and lots and lots and lots of drugs next time. And I want to be able to keep having them, until the experience is nothing but a dim memory outlined in velvet fog. I think the semester ends around December 10. I may wake up in time for Christmas and purée a turkey.

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2005 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376050-drop-plop-and-limp