*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/375926-Discrimination
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#375926 added September 28, 2005 at 1:11pm
Restrictions: None
Discrimination?
Last night at work I was walking through my area adjusting all the clothing that shopper's chose to rearrange to their own liking when a woman approached me with a question. She was slightly above average in height and more than above average in weight...not huge, but loosing a good 80 pounds wouldn't hurt any.

She asked if we had larger women's clothing. I responded telling her we didn't have a specific area for them, but throughout the clothing around her the largest size in any clothing type would be a 2x. She told me that was discrimination against larger women. She had been looking for golf rain gear, which is not in my department by the way, and could not find any to fit her. She said that overweight women like to golf too. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to feel bad, offer her a diet program or direct her to the men's area. Then she told me that her only option in all the sports stores is the men's area, but the crotch never fits right. TMI!!!

I started thinking about it after she left. Do all the brands stop at 2x? Is this because they feel people larger than that don't exercise; therefore, there is no demand for exercise clothing? Or do they make them larger, but our store refuses to order them? Is it discrimination or just a fact?? Hmmm, something to ponder!! *Confused*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/375926-Discrimination