*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/375700-The-Pick-Up-Line
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#375700 added September 27, 2005 at 12:58pm
Restrictions: None
The Pick Up Line
The tire pressure light came on in my car this morning as I drove to work so at lunch I took it to Big O Tires, which is attached to Kmart. I had them inspect my tires for any possible leaks and refill my tires to the proper pressure. Yes, I played the female card...deal with it! *Smile*

Knowing I would have a good 20 to 30 minutes to waste I wondered around the aisles in hopes of a good deal or at least something entertaining to look at. I had picked up my yummy chocolate peanut butter Zone Bars (love them) and remembered I needed more toilet scrubber thingys. After that I decided to walk towards the bathroom stuff...never hurts to look. On my way down the main aisle I hear a man's voice say, "excuse me...I know you don't work here, but could I get your opinion." I know shopping is not the average guys strong suit, so I started down the aisle to see what he was looking at.

He was looking at garment racks and asking if difference between two of them and if I knew of any other stores that may carry them. We continued talking for a good five or more minutes. He seemed like a very nice, laid back guy with a good sense of humor...oh, and it was pretty cute too! *Smile* He gave me multiple compliments, but not to the point it seemed all fake. Then as I was about to walk away, he stopped me and said he enjoyed talking to me and would like to hang out with me sometime. I was so shocked to hear someone sorta ask me out...it has been awhile, a LONG while...I had to let it sink in for a moment before I could respond. So we exchanged numbers and talked for a few more minutes. I did find out he is 6 years younger, but we both said age is only a number.

Can't say this is THE one, but he will be entertaining for now and I can at least say I was asked out and have a new number on my phone! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/375700-The-Pick-Up-Line