*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374991-Seriously-Short-Attention-Span-Today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#374991 added September 24, 2005 at 9:45am
Restrictions: None
Seriously Short Attention Span Today
I don't know what it was about today, perhaps worry about Mel and Tor, or the fact that I couldn't have a proper breakfast because the milk was sour (4 days before date), or maybe a lack of sleep, it could even just be the way the stars are aligned, but today I've had very little attention span.

Normally I can put my mind to something and be totally absorbed for hours. Today even putting my mind to anything for a minute was hard. Even writing my journal or watching TV, cooking dinner, rotating the laundry. I swear, each of these things not only got put off to the last minute but were interrupted because my mind wandered off to something else before I remembered I'd been in the middle of something.

I had planned to write an article for BANG but I couldn't focus. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some sort of brain functionality back again.

Today's entry is going to be short. I'm running late because again, my mother visited and hijacked my computer for a few hours. Her new connection still isn't working. She sat there with a half block of chocolate in her purse the whole time. It was so hard to stick with my concious decision not to ask her to break it out. If I had she'd have gladly shared it with me, but on day three of my new Weight Watchers plans I'm not quite ready to throw the day away on a chocolate binge.

The only reason I even wanted the chocolate was because it was there. It's not like I was particularly after chocolate. But I had to bury my head every add break through the movie I just watched. Kit Kat, Red Rooster, MacDonalds, KFC, Wendys, all these wonderful things flittering across the screen.

It's not like I'm even hungry. Dinner, while rather mundane (because I'd blown points on lunch and did no exercise today) was at least satisfying. Of course the extra chicken I cooked that's sitting in the fridge for lunch tomorrow is still calling me.

*sighs* All part of the short attention span too. The slightest thing will have me going off on a tangent. Meanwhile, it's time to head to bed. Hopefully by morning Mel and Tor will have checked in, either with their own power back or through CC. I haven't heard much in the news and I've been keeping my ears open for it today. I'm hoping that means Rita proved less troublesome than expected.

Stay safe everyone and whereever in the world you are, enjoy your Saturday or g'night and have a great Sunday. *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374991-Seriously-Short-Attention-Span-Today