*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374760-First-Week-Down
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#374760 added September 23, 2005 at 8:01am
Restrictions: None
First Week Down
I did it, I finished my first week of working two jobs. Surprisingly I am not nearly as beat as I thought I might be. Guess I am not as old as I thought! *Bigsmile*

Last night, first time out of 4 days of work, I was able to close with my manager. I really like working with her. I learned a lot, but also see she appreciates her staff and treats us well. She kept trying to get me to take a break and finally at the end of the night she told me I had worked hard enough and to hang the remaining clothes I was processing on a rack for the morning people to do. She also gave me credit for giving a customer a score card (a card you receive 1 point for every $1 you spend...after 300 points we give you a $10 gift card), because she realizes in our department it is difficult to give them to customers.

I also found out something good and bad. In addition to our daily discount we have, they occassionally give us coupons. Last night she offered me two coupons, which were for two different clothing lines...each for 50% off anything. I am supposed to be saving my money not spending it before I get it! *Smile*

Needless to say, the week ended well and I think I will be happy working at Dicks!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374760-First-Week-Down