*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374371-Weight-Watchers---Changing-your-life
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#374371 added September 21, 2005 at 9:32am
Restrictions: None
Weight Watchers - Changing your life.
Whoops, better not forget my journal. lol It's 9PM and I just remembered that I haven't written my journal entry for today. Nothing much of interest to talk about really. School assembly this morning and the 24 muffins and a sultana cake I baked seemed to sell up well at the cake stall.

Tomorrow will be my first day at Weight Watchers. My mother signed up about a month ago and I've decided to start going too. It seems fairly simple from what she's explained to me and I've already started paying attention to what I eat.

It will be good to weigh in every week. At the moment I rarely ever weigh myself (no scales) so I don't know if I'm losing weight or gaining. With the exercise I get lately and if I eat sensibly I should definately lose weight. Of course I hadn't been eating sensibly. Missing most meals and making up for it with chocolate really isn't good for your body.

As with any habit the bad eating habits I've gotten into over the many years are going to be difficult to break. A chocolote binge craving at 9ish every night is just one, the temptation of coca cola or the urge to get takeaway whenever seeing the ingrained symbology, giant yellow chickens, arch M's, etc. Getting into the habit of snacking on vegetables instead of chips, buscuits or lollies. *Frown*

Still, it's not that I don't like vegetables. It's just that the less healthy options tend to be easier. I mean opening a packet of chips is easier than washing, peeling and cutting up a carrot. Dipping a busicuit into my tea is quicker than peeling an orange. *sighs* Lifestyle changes.

Of course, better help, improved self-image, improved actual image, confidence, fitness, all these things make starting now a great idea. *Smile* No one needs Weight Watchers, or any other such solution to go about making these changes. All these solutions do is give you a motivational boost and a textbook guide.

The plan is simple and straight forward. It's proven. Follow the plan and you'll lose weight. You don't need to pay to visit a clinic every week to follow the plan. But following the plan can be tough emotionally. That's where the meetings come in. It gets you together with others who are doing what you're doing every day. It shows you the plan working and reminds you what your goals are. It gives you someone to talk to. It boosts your motivation.

Ok, so tomorrow it boosts my motivation. Tonight, I get to sign off and head to bed. *Smile* Have a great day everyone.

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374371-Weight-Watchers---Changing-your-life