*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374159-Work-Ethic
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#374159 added September 20, 2005 at 11:22am
Restrictions: None
Work Ethic
Last night was my true first day of working at Dick's. I punched in and went straight to work instead of being tested or taken on tours or anything of the sort. My manager, Brenda, was having me help set up racks and then start hanging some folded clothing. Then the general manager, John, came to us in a panic. Apparently the 2nd person to work in the golf area didn't show up for work...didn't call or request it off, just didn't show up. Who does that?? Then I remembered I am working amongst younger people who may not have learned work ethic yet. Guess we aren't all born with it! *Smile*

Anyway, because he was missing the guy working in the golf area needed my help to rearrange all the shoes that were going to be on sale tomorrow (today). I went to go help him and as I began working he stopped me and said, "Michelle, slow down. Once we finish this I am going to have to do something I truly do not want to do." Who says that?! This guy was older...I'm thinking later 50's...so I would have assumed he had work ethic. Maybe he was just lazy?! *Confused*

By time I finished helping with the shoes, which I ended up doing the majority on my own, both my manager and the general manager had left. I was told to start my recovery for my department...meaning putting all the clothes back in proper order. Lord do I have a new appreciation for the people working in clothing stores and promise to always put back my clothing where I found it!! After nearly 3 hours of doing this it was time to go...I thought. The manager that was left there, Nick, started showing me little things that needed to be done that others never finished. Like someone put boxes in the aisle way in the back room instead of putting them to the side or on a shelf. Hello lazy ass how hard is it to put it in the right place?! Not Nick, but the person who left it in the wrong spot. Seriously, the spot they needed to be was right next to the aisle where they were left.

By time I was finally able to leave I felt like an old person, my back was aching and my feet hurt. But at least I can say I worked, unlike some of those other people...GEESH!!!! *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374159-Work-Ethic