*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374120-If-only-money-grew-on-trees
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#374120 added September 20, 2005 at 7:49am
Restrictions: None
If only money grew on trees...
*sighs* Yes, another day like that. It's shopping day but since my cupboards are mostly stocked I only needed to do staple shopping (bread, milk, eggs, fruit & vege) so my mother (we go shopping together each week) and I decided to hunt around for wood to make doors for the video shelves.

Of course wood on it's own, just plain sheets of timber were about the same price as ready made cabinet doors. What's even worse than that is that the ready made doors aren't that much cheaper than a brand new cupboard. So after hunting around and realising that buying just the doors wasn't worth the effort we started looking for a new TV cabinet. And we found one!

The trouble is there are less than two weeks left till the end of the month and mortgage interest. I'm starting to worry that even without dipping into my account prior to then I'll come up short because Paul didn't send Child Maintenence through today like he normally does. Hopefully I won't have to chase him up about that.

Meanwhile, it'll be at least two weeks before I get paid again so I've got to leave the money in the bank right where it is and that means not buying that cupboard today. I'm expecting a tax payment at some stage but I thought it was dependant on Paul's tax return going in. It's been almost a month since that happened so I'd have thought it would have been processed by now. Hopefully, that will happen any day now, if it does then I'll go pick up the cupboard. If not then I'll have to hope it, or another at similar price that I like will be available after next payday.

But it's moments like these I wish money grew on tree's. If it did I'd tend a yard full of money tree's and get all the things done around the house that I'm trying to save for. Dipping into my renovation funds for things like TV cabinets doesn't help. *Frown* Nor does paying $425 for photographs. Hopefully Paul comes up with half of that for half the photo's.

Why is money so hard to keep track of? I really need to get my budget back in hand. When I was keeping track of it every day, every cent, I always seemed to have plenty. Admittedly this past week I've loaned $300 to my recently unemployed sister to finalise her rent (she's moved home to my mothers) and another $100 to my mother because her pay got stuffed around. So technically I have $400 more than my bank account shows. Trouble is I don't know when they'll be able to pay me back. They are as tight as I am at the moment.

I so hope the tax money comes in. If it does then I'll be able to give Kaylie some interesting outings over the holidays. I've promised to take her swimming and I'll do that regardless but the Royal Show is coming up these holidays and I'd like to take her. Wouldn't mind catching a movie too if there are any good kids ones out this holidays. It will all depend on what comes in over the next couple of weeks. Just looking at my calender and I'll get paid again before the end of the holidays, so hopefully we'll be able to do some fun things in the second week of the holidays. *Smile*

Anyway, time to get back to working on Ipseitys. I've just finished up the baking. 24 muffins and a saltana cake. *Smile* All for the cake stall tomorrow at school. Hopefully we'll raise some decent money for her class. (It goes towards school excursions/incursions so the more we raise for the class the cheaper it will end up for parents and the better the excursions they can send them on. *Smile*

G'night all and I hope your day is filled with money arriving from unexpected sources. *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/374120-If-only-money-grew-on-trees