*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/373059-Funeral-Home
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#373059 added September 15, 2005 at 12:32pm
Restrictions: None
Funeral Home
My nerves and the reality of it all did not hit me until I picked up my brother and we neared the funeral home. I have found that everyone has their outlet to keep their mind off things and mine is to increase my talking. YES, for those of you that know me, it is possible for me to talk even more! *Smile*

The family arrived in the parking lot and we made the walk down the long hallway, which to me was not long enough. I started that internal shake that you know if bad and feel like everyone can see, but when you look down you barely see your leg moving. Weird! I got to the front of the room where my grandpa laid peacefully with my brother by my side. Flood gates opened for us all...thank goodness mom brought the family size Puff's for us all! *Smile* After a few minutes we all regained our composure and started looking at all the flowers that were sent and who they were from. We all realized how blessed we are to have such caring friends and family. This also made my grandma very happy because she loves flowers and plants so with the variety that was sent it helped keep her focus on something other than her loss.

The day was a blur and seemed to take forever. So many people came and went that I had never seen, that I remember anyway, before and so much fake talk. I got to the point I didn't want to speak any longer. Imagine that one!! It was good to see all the support throughout the room though. My poor grandma was so exhausted she dosed off a few times while talking with friends (she was sitting) and even when they did the prayer service she dosed off.

The person I was most surprised by was my friend Mark. Prior to the funeral home he had sent me 3 text messages, which let me know he was thinking about me. Then he came to the funeral home right after work and stayed until 8pm. He thought I would need the last hour to be with my family. He stopped at the store on the way home to get beer for he, Laura and I and waited to eat dinner until we got back. Guess he does truly care about me.

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/373059-Funeral-Home