*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/370951-Holding-on-to-the-weekend
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#370951 added September 6, 2005 at 12:50am
Restrictions: None
Holding on to the weekend
I really should be in bed. It's after midnight here, and I've just finished preparing for classes tomorrow. Should've, could've, would've done all the preparation earlier in the weekend, but that wouldn't be much like me. I went to visit my dad Saturday morning and stayed until Sunday afternoon. Thought I might do some studying Sunday evening, but a friend of my daughter's who hangs out around here brought her boyfriend over. He LIKES! to cook (we think she should try to hang on to this one...) and made some greek chicken dish...breasts butterflied and stuffed with feta cheese and spinach...yummmmm.

Hubby's parents took us out to lunch at their favorite chinese restaurant after church. Very popular place in my hometown, that restaurant. And when they're going out to eat after church, you can be ding-dang sure it will be to that chinese restaurant. I'm glad we went, though, because (aside from the fact that they were buying) I ran into an old high-school buddy there. I haven't seen Ed for somewhere between 20 and 25 years, although we did exchange a letter or two once (or twice, I guess...) So now, his cell number is programmed into my cellie address list, and I called him so my number BETTER be programmed into his. We used to talk for hours on the phone back when we were teenagers and guess what? We can still talk for hours on the phone. You know, there aren't a whole lot of people I can do that with. With most folks, I seem to run out of things to talk about quickly and then I get bored and antsy to be onto something else. I finally had to end the call with Ed because...well, I can't stand to take my phone to the bathroom with me, and I couldn't stand to not go to the bathroom anymore.

We did the Labor Day cookout thing today. Cliff barbecued chicken and boneless beef ribs on the grill. We did corn-on-the-cob-in-the-husks on the grill too, and I made potato salad and rolls. All that food kept my mouth busy for a solid hour, I think. Aarrrrrrrrghhhhh! I just remembered there were cream puffs for dessert! I forgot about those!

*sigh* I suppose I was starting to feel like study-time was running out. But I think I'm ready for classes tomorrow, even if I did wait till the last night of a long weekend to do most of it.

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2005 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/370951-Holding-on-to-the-weekend