*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/370035-Visiting
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#370035 added September 1, 2005 at 8:36am
Restrictions: None
Visiting
After work last night I stopped by to see my grandparents. Knowing today was my grandpa's surgery I felt the need to see him and help my grandma get her mind off things even for a few minutes.

While I sat there talking to my grandma, my grandpa sat down at the table with us and remained there my entire visit. This is not normal. I would notice him start staring off into space...I could tell he was thinking about things. I noticed he had a sore on his arm and asked about it. He told me he had blacked out and fell in the bedroom. My grandma was saying he fell because it was black/dark. They are deaf and sometimes it is hard to know if you are communicating correctly. Tripping is one thing, but if he is actually blacking out that is not a good thing.

As I was getting ready to leave my grandma asked that I follow her in the back yard to look at her flowers. She walked ahead while I followed and I noticed how much weight she has been loosing. It is strange for so many years your grandparents can look the same and you never think about their age. Then one day it all clicks and you realize how precious each day is for them...for all of us at that matter.

As I walked to my car to leave my aunt arrived to help get all their medical paperwork in order for surgery today. I told her about my grandpa's sore and she was going to get to the bottom of what truly happened.

I called my mom when I left. I felt okay until I heard her voice. Not sure why or how it happens, but when something is bothering me subconsciously hearing her voice always brings out all the emotions. She was with friends so I held it together so I didn't ruin her fun. She called once she dropped everyone off because she knew that I was covering that I was upset. Gotta love mom's and their instincts!! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/370035-Visiting