*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/369790-just-leave-it
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#369790 added August 30, 2005 at 10:28pm
Restrictions: None
just leave it
I'm now very familiar with a certain album of The Steve Miller Band. Not that I could tell you how it looks on the outside, or what the name of it is, but I can pretty well list the songs in order and sing along with all of 'em. Not because I'm such a big fan, although I'll admit to sitting with the car running so I can finish listening to "Space Cowboy". The true reason is just that it's too much trouble to change out the CD's. It's just easier to leave the same one in there. For months, and months, and months. Last semester it was an Isabelle Boulay album. Got to where the whole family could sing along with a lot of the songs. And my youngest doesn't know a lot of French yet. Her favorite: "En t'attendant"...an expectant mother's song to her unborn child.

So, whoever I put into my little Honda's CD player next is likely to stay there awhile. It's easier to just leave it.

But, but, but, but, but....

it's not just laziness. It's also an increasing nervousness about taking my hands off the steering wheel while driving. Really? Makes me sound better anyway.

Sludge, glug, slug. Gotta run.

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2005 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/369790-just-leave-it