*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/369559-just-quickly
Rated: GC · Book · Experience · #986464
reacting to what breezes or gusts by me
#369559 added August 29, 2005 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
just quickly
Gotta be fast here, the power keeps cutting out on me. Very annoying, I've had to restart reading an online reading assignment several times. Finally printed the sucker out.

Today began the second week back in classes. It always takes me a couple of weeks to get...I was going to say organized, but that never really happens. It always takes me a couple of weeks to get as organized as I ever get. By the end of this week, I should have things in an order that works, somewhat, for me.

I got to spend this just-passed weekend with a lot of friends, got to meet some new people as well as see some folks I hadn't seen for a while on Saturday at Moo's birthday party. We all sat around for hours, chatting about the website, writing, books, etc. Of course, I realize describing them as "folks I hadn't seen for awhile" makes it sound like I used to see them often over a long period of time. I suppose, in a way, that's true, if you count interacting online. You read someone's writing, someone's comments, comment and comment back...you get to know a little about their style. So...I can't swear to the validity of this, but it seems like when you finally do meet folks previously only encountered online, you feel like you've already started getting to know them. In any case, all of these folks hang around this website, and some of them have been for about as long as it's existed. So we've bumped into each other online, at least occasionally.

Well, there I go trying to analyze schtuff again. I just had a really good time, ok? And it was great to see everyone, to meet new people, and see some other people again.

There was something else I was going to write about, but I can't remember now, and besides, there's a lingering fear of another sudden power cut-off. Oh, but....yeah, these entries might drop off in frequency the more into the semester time passes.

Must now return to....nah...must make one more trip to the front porch for a smoke, then I've got a date with Mr. Sandman.

J.H. Larrew
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


© Copyright 2005 HawaiianPeach (UN: hawiianpeach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HawaiianPeach has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/369559-just-quickly