*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368398-Minding-your-own-business
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#368398 added August 24, 2005 at 8:11am
Restrictions: None
Minding your own business
For the last month or so Mark has been talking about going to visit his sister, who lives in Illinois, for one last get away before winter. When he first started talking about it he didn't invite me, which I am fine with, but I could tell he was assuming I'd go from different comments he would make. Finally about a week ago he asked me to go and I told him I'd think about it. He started asking on a daily basis, which was getting old, so I told him that over the weekend I would work on my finances and let him know. He questioned why I didn't know my finances already and I told him Christmas is 3 1/2 months, if that, away and I had to take that into account. He doesn't comprehend this because he buys gifts for 6 people...my list is around 20 to 25 people, not to mention all the birthdays from now until then as well.

I didn't get around to doing my bills until Monday; however, both Friday night and Saturday night he had some kind of bug up his butt and was acting like an ass...other people even said it. So I made my decision and told him I appreciated the offer but I needed to pass this time...I told him this yesterday during the day.

Last night I get home from working out and he is sitting in the back room. Jokingly I said, "oh, enjoying a night to yourself, eh?" He replied saying the living room was too dark. Hello, do we not have lamps? *Confused* I left it at that knowing he was making up an excuse. Drives me absolutely NUTS that he cannot just give me a straight answer even when I ask the simple questions.

Okay, back to my point. Around 7:59 p.m., while I was in the bathroom, my phone rang. I checked to see who it was when I got out...it was his sister. Oh great, I knew exactly why she was calling. She was going to tell me I HAD to go to visit her because she cannot deal with Mark alone for that long, which she has done many times before, AND that I don't need to worry about money because she will cover my expenses. Hello, do I look 12 with no job and need someone to take care of me?! I am just trying to be responsible here, not to mention I don't feel like dealing with them! 8:04 my phone rings again...its her...I ignored it. I decided I was not in the mood for the two of them and went to bed. 8:14 my phone rang again. I check this moring...it was her. GET A CLUE...I do not want to talk to you!!!! *Angry*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368398-Minding-your-own-business