*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368014-Too-Nice
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#368014 added August 22, 2005 at 9:47am
Restrictions: None
Too Nice
Over the weekend was the annual Woodward Cruise. This is an event that people from all different states come to. People restore older vehicles and cruise up and down Woodward Avenue; thus the name. This is only 1 mile from our house so we walk up to it. Not because we love looking at cars, but there are thousands of people and the atmosphere is so fun!

So we had invited a few people over to take the journey with us. The past three years it has been Mark, Tre and I and this year Lauren and Jakki joined us. Lauren and Jakki work with Mark, but I knew Lauren when I worked there and have remained friends with her since that point...Jakki has only been with the company for approximately 1 year and it has only been the last 3 weeks that Mark and I have hung out with her outside his work functions. She is a single mother and her daughter is 14. They moved here 1 1/2 years ago because her fiance got a job up here. Not even 2 months after being here he left her. She has NO friends or family here. She has tried to make it, but is just not happy here. So her and her daughter are moving back to Minnesota on the 31st.

She had thought the timing would work out better, but her last day of work is the 30th, her flight is on the 31st; however, she must be out of her apartment on the 25th. Also, on Saturday she sold her car, which she thought may take another week to do. She was telling us this on Saturday and said how she was going to stay at an extended stay hotel until she left. Mark told her she is welcome to say with us...as long as I was okay with it. How am I going to tell someone no?! She is very nice and funny, but I don't really know her that well.

Today she was talking to Mark and asked if we were serious about having her stay with us. He said as long as I don't have an issue then he doesn't mind. I told him that would be find. It will be from Thursday evening until Wednesday morning...unless she stays at the airport hotel Tuesday evening. I don't think we will have an issue getting along, but it is always akward having someone stay with you and trying to keep up your routine while making them feel welcome.

Hmmm, guess we'll see how it goes!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/368014-Too-Nice