*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/367288-Back-to-school
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#367288 added August 19, 2005 at 8:59am
Restrictions: None
Back to school
Yesterday I took the day off to spend with Annie. When she came to visit her mom sent homework with her to do. She has a science fair project to get completed before going back to school. As she was not able to work on it while staying with Shelley because Justin and Jacob will not even give her time alone to use the restroom, I agreed to help her with it yesterday.

After reviewing what we would be doing I figured in my head it would take us 1 to 2 hours max. Was I wrong! 5 hours later, we were still not done!! We had to take 3 types of materials (cotton, polyester, and coffee filters), use 3 different color markers on each material strip, and use three types of solvent (alcohol, vinegar, and amonia). Each solvent had to be mixed with water at different ratios and then each strip had to be dipped into each solvent and this had to be done 4 times for each color. Needless to say I had strips of color all over my house overnight to dry.

The poor girl is only going to be in 7th grade...why would they give her a project that involves so much work. 5 hours was just the experiment, not the research or taking notes on the results or typing the paper and preparing her board for the fair.

This made me realize I do NOT miss school!!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/367288-Back-to-school