*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/366737-Family-Reality
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#366737 added August 17, 2005 at 8:15am
Restrictions: None
Family Reality
Yesterday I spent the day with Annie. After waking up, we made pancakes for breakfast...Annie's choice, but I had no complaints! *Smile* We had decided to have a mellow day and planned to work on crafts and do whatever came to mind. While doing our crafts she was very talkative. It is very interesting listening to the mind of a 12 year old.

The topic of family came up. We started by talking about her parents, brothers, grandfather, and cousins from her mother's side for a little while. Then came the family from her father's side. It was a little sad. She said the only sister's her father talks to on a regular basis is my mom and one of the nurse's...she didn't even know which one...there are two in the family. I tried narrowing it down for her asking about the state they live in or their spouse's name. Didn't help, but she was thinking it was my aunt that lives in CO. Then came the really sad comment. My aunt who lives in Georgia that had a baby just shy of a year ago has had no contact with them. They heard about the baby's birth through the grape vine and I'm not sure who made the comment, but from Annie's mouth came these words..."we already know we will never meet the baby." There is a new member born into this family and before her first birthday other family members know that throughout her life they will never meet?! That was very disturbing for me to hear! It is obvious to me there are hurt feelings and a grim reality, which leaves me with complete confusion.

Maybe I just think differently than others, but when it comes to family I think everyone should get along and stay in touch. For the adults, we should act like adults and not hold grudges or assumptions as to what the others think/feel, but take the big step and talk it through. We have one life and it would be nice to live with and appreciate the family you are lucky enough to have. That's my opinion anyway. *Confused*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/366737-Family-Reality