*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/365411-Good-Friend
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#365411 added August 11, 2005 at 11:12am
Restrictions: None
Good Friend
I have had a friend, Teri, since I was 7, which now makes it 27 years that I've known her. We have gone through a lot of good and bad times...even brief periods we didn't hang out or even speak to one another...ya know, teenage stuff! As we have become adults we have been very close, understanding and respectful of one anothers lives. She is married to an absolutely wonderful man and they have 3 very sweet children. I have always admired her marriage and the way she's raised her children.

On Monday, Annie and I spent time at her house. Teri is the type that would never turn anyone away and welcomes anyone to her home. She is also the youth leader at her church for the teens. To help ensure Annie would have fun she invited on of her friends daughters over that is a year younger than Annie. They got along great! They invited Annie back over, but with Annie being here for just one week we had to check what else was scheduled for her.

Wednesday was the day nothing had been planned and she would have been hanging out with my dad. Don't get me wrong, my dad is a very good guy, but he has a hard time relating to youngin's! *Smile* So he agreed to drive Annie back to Teri's on Wednesday. Annie stayed with her all day until my mom and I picked her up.

Annie had a great time and loved being able to hang out with Teri. They are even discussing what they will do next year when she visits again. I was so thankful she had a great time and it made me realize even more what a truly special person and friend Teri is.

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/365411-Good-Friend