*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/365009-Ulcers-and-Teeth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#365009 added August 9, 2005 at 7:05pm
Restrictions: None
Ulcers and Teeth
Well the dentist had a good look and told me that it seems Kaylie has some mouth ulcers, on her tonguer, her lip and the inside of her mouth. *Frown* She suggested using some teething gel to stop it hurting and warm salt water to bath it. Apparently, there is nothing much else to do and they should clear up in about 10 days.

Of course, meanwhile, she wouldn't eat anything for dinner last night. I cooked what was on my meal plan, ravioli with a creamy sauce and pea's and corn. Wouldn't go anywhere near it so I cooked up some 2 minute noodles thinking that they were soft and she could manage them. She tried but said her mouth hurt. So I got out the teething gel and even with a numb mouth she wouldn't try again. I think she'll get soup from now on regardless of what she wants to eat.

Unfortunately, Kaylie is the sort who is really picky about food. I've gotten into the habit of giving her a list of choices and letting her decide what we have for dinner. If she's picked what we have she is more likely to eat it. Thankfully, she does not have a fetish for anything in particular so we do get variety and a fairly balanced meal. *Smile*

Of course, she rarely decides that soup is the best option. Especially since she will have to have a strained variety because she won't manage the bits of meat that comes in the chunky soup I buy. But I guess for 10 days we'll have to live with her being a brat at dinner time and accept that she won't starve is she doesn't eat dinner. She's managed breakfast this morning, yoghurt. And so far she's done alright with her sandwiches at lunch time.

From one mouth to the other, it's amazing how different Josh is. His teeth are so perfect, and cute, and white. *Smile* He's got 12 teeth now. The four front ones, then a gap either side before two molars. And same again on the bottom. He loves having his teeth cleaned and isn't picky about his food at all.

Anyway, I can't hang around much longer this morning. Just wanted to get in before noon so that I don't get another black mark on my calender. Now it's time to get dressed and get the day on the road. I think Kaylie has assembly this morning and the sky is looking menacing (yesterday was so beautiful, who knew weather travelled so fast?). I better make sure we all have warm clothes for today. Hopefully we'll get more rain, we need it for the dams, it's not looking promising for next Summer. *Frown*

*sighs* I can't end on an unhappy note today. I'm not unhappy. I had a hiccough with my connection yesterday but other than that it's working well. And a DVD I ordered on eBay arrived in yesterdays mail. *Smile* There you go, some good news. *Wink*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/365009-Ulcers-and-Teeth