*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/364642-Thank-you-for-an-able-Helpdesk-Techy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#364642 added August 8, 2005 at 3:43am
Restrictions: None
Thank you for an able Helpdesk Techy
You know, I think all helpdesk technicians should have to pass a standards qualification to prove they know what they are talking about. You get some really inept ones who are text book only. If you work on a helpdesk you really have to be able to think outside the box.

After all the chaos trying to get things working this weekend I called up again this morning and got an able techy. He talked me few a few new things, suggested a few options, decided to write up an enquiry for Telstra to check the line and since I'd only had this problem since changing to the new provider (on their modem) he thought perhaps it was worth trying my old modem.

Guess what? That's what did it!!! He also looked at my records to see what was happening with the connection. Apparently it was dropping packets which means there is some sort of interferrance on the line. So after an hour doing various things (including a few minutes when I was trying to connect with the wrong phone line instead of the ADSL line we got it up and running again on my old modem and it's working perfectly now.

I'm still keeping an eye on it to make sure the problem doesn't come back but I've got a good feeling that the problem is fixed. *Smile* Woo Hoo!!! It's lovely having a stable connection again. Fingers cross that it's the last of my broadband difficulties and the next two years are trouble free. *Smile* After all the stuffing around I've had getting this connection running smoothly it would be nice to have it working right for a change. *Smile*

Kaylie was complaining of pain in her mouth this weekend. Enough to wake up crying in the night. *Frown* She had a dentist appointment last week and they noticed that her gums were a bit sore looking but suspected it was just where her teeth connected when she was eating. At the time it wasn't hurting her so they weren't too concerned. They took an X-Ray to rule out any other problem.

Anyway, they would call back if the X-Ray showed anything but didn't. When Kaylie complained of pain this weekend I decided to call up and check. Apparently the X-Ray came back normal but I've asked them to see her again anyway to see if we can find out why her mouth is hurting. Hopefully they'll figure it out and get her sorted. She's cursed with dental problems it seems. *Frown* Poor thing.

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/364642-Thank-you-for-an-able-Helpdesk-Techy