*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/364259-Just-when-I-was-doing-so-well
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#364259 added August 6, 2005 at 7:39am
Restrictions: None
Just when I was doing so well...
Ahhhh!!!! A black mark on my calender. *Frown* Just when I was doing so well getting an entry in every day I get to the point of over frustration with my computer.

For the past week it's been rather temporamental about loading web pages. Some pages will load first time and others don't. Forms are the worst because it was almost guarenteed to no load the page after clicking submit.

I called the helpdesk again and she goes on and on about how it's not an ISP problem but something on my own computer. She suggested a few troubleshooting ideas but ultimately gave up when none of that worked. I spent a few more hours at it trying various things, looking up solutions online etc (spending ten minutes refreshing pages to get them to load).

Eventually I figure there was some spyware or something mean and nasty lurking where my antivirus couldn't find it. So I backed up the files I've been storing on my hard drive and stuck in my windows disk. About an hour later the computer is loading up with a freshly formatted hard drive and a bright and shiny new version of Windows XP.

I started reinstalling stuff on my computer but then started getting the same problem again. *Frown* So, rinse and repeat. This time I'm being a bit more careful about installing programs and I'm also doing the Windows Update first and foremost to make sure that is as up to date as possible.

So far, so good. It all seems to be working alright. I hope it continues to work fine but I'm not sure it will. Thankfully, even when it wasn't working properly I could generally get webpages to load, eventually, after repeated refreshing. It's just very frustrating.

Now I have to load up a few of my regular sites to put them in favorites. I did save my old favorites to disk but I don't want to risk there being some sort of contamination hidden in there too so I'll do it all manually. *Smile*

Well, that was my entire day anyway. And my excuse for not getting my journal entry in this morning; my excuse for that evil black blemish on my calender. *Frown* Now I have to get my daughter to bed. Have a great day everyone.

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/364259-Just-when-I-was-doing-so-well