*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/363198-Family-Dinner
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#363198 added August 1, 2005 at 9:16am
Restrictions: None
Family Dinner
Last night we all met my aunt, uncle and niece/cousin (long story) for dinner...they were visiting from Georgia. It was great getting to see them and to see how much little Abby has grown.

Since Abby's first birthday is this month, we decided to celebrate her birthday during dinner. You would think this would be a simple task; however, it had me stressed. As she is my God daughter I wanted to do something a little special for her. In addition to buying her a couple outfits I made a picture frame for her. I knew that Laura would really like and appreciate it. The problem is that it made Shelley jealous. She is the type that remembers who bought what for her kids from the very first gift they received until now. Not only that, she remembers what you buy for others. So she compares gifts that I have given my nephews to gifts I now give to Abby. Quite honestly, I buy/make whatever I am in the mood to do at that moment and don't think about what I have or haven't done in the past...other than making sure they don't receive the exact gift each year! *Smile* It is so frustrating to me. I guess it would be one thing if she kept it to herself, but we end up hearing about it sooner or later. Why can't you just be appreciative that someone is giving your child a gift and not worry about what that person gives others????? UGH!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/363198-Family-Dinner