*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360755-Jealousy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #988356
2 Aries butting heads...some much needed perspective
#360755 added July 19, 2005 at 11:44am
Restrictions: None
Jealousy
I told the Doc that I've decided to force myself to trust David again. That means I don't care who calls and it what numbers he has in his phone and who he talks to at work, and the fact that most of his co-workers are women.

The point is -I don't care any more. If this doesn't work it doesn't work. Its not my damn job to be Columbo, that's what we have Columbo for.

But in reality, its a tinny bit harder. Dave has a million different rings for whoever cause I can't keep up and at times I find myself wondering who's on the phone.

I always know when Dave is talking to a guy by the way he answers and then stays pretty hype throughout the conversation. If its a girl, he's a bit more low-key.

I'm not jealous of any of these women personally...clearly I'm the better catch in every way, but when they get on David's phone, suddenly my mind transforms them into girls of my caliber. Serious competition. And I'm sweating and straining trying to hear what the hell is being said and feel like a total idiot when he announces that his mom said hi.

I fake a distracted look, as if I was so immersed in my book that I hardly was aware that he was on the phone. I'm fooling no one.

I do trust Dave, though.


Seriously.

© Copyright 2005 posturechick (UN: folade at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
posturechick has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360755-Jealousy