*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360530-Les-Miserables
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#360530 added July 18, 2005 at 7:41am
Restrictions: None
Les Miserables
I've decided to go and see Les Miserables when it is on at the Regal Theatre Subiaco later this year. I've been sent a 25% discount offer and it's the sort of thing I'd love to do. Live theatre has always been something I love but rarely get a chance to enjoy. A couple of years ago I saw David Strassman which was a lot of fun and a few years before that I took Paul to see Jimeoin for his birthday.

I would love to see more plays, ballet, the circus, etc. but it's always so expensive. Much more than my budget would permit regularly and of course I've got no one to go with. I don't have a circle of friends and my family isn't interested in that sort of thing. I'm going to have to find myself a rich, culture-loving guy who'll take me to the theatre all the time. *Smile*

Anyway, despite all that I've decided to splurge on Lew Miserables even if it means going alone. I saw an advert on TV announcing the show coming to Perth in october and thought, "Wow, I'd love to see that." Then when this 25% off, offer arrived in the mail today I figure it's a sign. 25% off also makes it much more affordable. It'll mean skimping on the recreation budget for a little bit but it's manageable and I feel it will be worth it.

I still remember each of the times I've seen a live show. The last time, in fact the only time, I saw a play was back in high school. It was a feild trip of sorts to prepare us for the play we were going to be giving later in the year. I remember doing that play too. I was in charge of music and also played a small role in "The Merchant of Venice". I was terrified of being on stage but I grew to love the thrill of it all. Still, I love watching others do the acting more than the thrill of being an actress but I couldn't get out of doing that small role.

So, I'm looking forward to October and the chance to go out for the night and enjoy a live show. *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360530-Les-Miserables