*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360079-Triple-Digit-Temperatures
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#360079 added July 15, 2005 at 4:05pm
Restrictions: None
Triple Digit Temperatures
Triple digit temperatures in Las Vegas. So the warnings are going out. Don't leave pets and kids in the car. It seems odd to me that anyone needs to be remined about this, but as the news has proved lately the warnings need to be repeated every year. On the news today some kid (over 15 and under 18) left an animal (didn't say whether it was a cat or dog) in the car and when someone told him it was against the law he replied that he thought it was only illegal to leave kids in the car in this weather. Yesterday's news item was about a man leaving his son in the car for three hours in the triple digit heat, when the child's mother got home it was too late to save the child. These types of news items occur every year. It always mistifies me how anyone can leave a child or an animal in the car in this heat. The heat inside the cars out here gets up to, at least, 140 degrees this time of year. We are under a heat warning now and will be under heat warnings for about the next 3 or 4 days.

© Copyright 2005 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360079-Triple-Digit-Temperatures