*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359506-Madagascar---Movie-Review
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#359506 added July 15, 2005 at 7:20am
Restrictions: None
Madagascar - Movie Review
Stay tuned for the Madagascar Movie Review. I'll write it up for tomorrow's entry. If I write it today I'll have no idea what to say tomorrow. *Bigsmile*

It's only going to be a very quick review. Basically the movie is great for your kids or your grandkids but as an adult I didn't get much out of it. If you remember Shrek you'll know what I mean about the adult focused humour that made Shrek great fun for adults as well as kids? Well Madagascar didn't have much of that in it.

Like most Disney movies there is a strong moral. And the home truth makes it a delightful story. It's not very deep and it felt rather short (and since I had a baby with me that's saying something) I have to admit I was glad it was fairly short because by the end my toddler was climbing up and down the stairs of the cinema and I was spending more time trying to stop him running off than sharing the movie with my daughter.

She loved it however. She didn't find any part scary which is saying something because she's afraid of everything. She didn't cry like she did in the Brother Bear movie (even I bawled my eyes out in that movie) She liked the animals and the fact that they talked.

For me the animals were a little too human. I mean for the most part they walked on their hind legs and drank through straws. It did make me wonder what Central Park Zoo is really like because it's depicted as a place with tiny pen like enclosures for the animals and here in Australia the RSPCA would never allow that. I'm guess that it was exaggerated for effect and Central Park Zoo is nothing like that. Hopefully anyone there in the US who've been can tell me what it's like.

Basically that's it. Delightful and worth going if it's adults at kids prices and you've got a young under 10 year old to take. The kids will love it and you'll probably have a chuckle and a chance to enjoy an hour and a bit pigging out on popcorn and coke as well as a little mindless entertainment. If you'd rather save your money you could wait till it's a weekly and hire the DVD or buy it for your kids/grandkids for christmas.

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359506-Madagascar---Movie-Review