*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359172-Prologue
by Amanda
Rated: E · Book · Teen · #989694
With a name like Porsha Star Taylor,I thought i had to be an actress, until I met Calvin
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#359172 added November 8, 2008 at 4:09pm
Restrictions: None
Prologue
With a name like Porsha Starr Taylor, you can't not become an actress. Of course, I also have great genes. Both of my parents, grandparents, and probably great-grandparents have been highly sought after Broadway actors/actresses. So by branding me with a name like that, they pretty much thought they sealed the deal with my future.

While most children's first role in in an elementary school play, at the tender age of five, I had a role in Annie. After being with that production for 6 years, I moved up from Orphan #12, to the title role, becoming the youngest 'Annie' ever.

That's when my major publicity started. At 11, I had directors constantly begging me to play the lead in a new musical they were writing. That's when my Dad stopped acting to become my agent. He decided what roles I took, and which ones i declined.

I didn't mind not having any say, however. I'd always been taught that your 'agent knows best', and that I had 'an obligation to the theatre world' as my mother put it.

I still went to public school though. I found early on that teachers often let me slide when it came to passing and grades. I guess they felt bad that I had the responsibilities of a career at such a young age. Whatever the reason, I took advantage of it. As a result, school always came easy to me. I was popular with kids and had lots of friends, mostly because of my name, but i didn't care. My parents always told me to befriend the people who'll benefit you the most, so I did!

But because of that, I didn't have any real friends. Ones that I could share secrets with, go shopping with, you know, friend stuff.

But even then, I was content with my life. I had settled into the fact that at 16, my career had already been decided and I would do that for the rest of my days.

That is, until I met Calvin.
© Copyright 2008 Amanda (UN: frenchgirl98 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amanda has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/359172-Prologue