*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/357075-July-1st--Tax-Time
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#357075 added July 1, 2005 at 2:17am
Restrictions: None
July 1st = Tax Time
Well late last night I downloaded the Australian Governments e-Tax. I'm not looking forward to Tax Time too much this year because I expect to have trouble working out what I need to put into my return.

I mean I've been separated six months now so for half of the year I was partnered and for the other half single. How do you explain that on your Tax and does it mean I should include information about his taxable income at all, half, or all?

I've also got to figure out all this stuff about the Baby Bonus. I know I should be eligable for about $500AUS Baby Bonus for Joshua. I missed out on the $3000 Maternity Payment because he was born a couple of months before the July that was instigated. I also understand that as a parent of children under 5 I should get some other bonus top up.

Basically I'm pleased about Tax Time because it means I should get a pretty decent rebate. But I have no idea how to fill in my return this year. It's complex. *Frown* Thankfully, you can't get busted for filling it in so long as you do the best job you can with the information they give you. So I'll put down all the information I have and leave the accountants on their end to figure it all out.

But while I've started filling in my Tax Return I've still got to wait on the government to send me out my group certificate for my pension payments. I hope they won't take too long. I like to get my return in asap because the sooner you get it in the quicker it can get processed and the quicker you get your rebate. *Smile*

Here's to getting a little cash from the politicians *Wink* and hopefully getting a driveway out of it. *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/357075-July-1st--Tax-Time