*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/356560-A-memory-box
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#356560 added June 29, 2005 at 12:52am
Restrictions: None
A memory box
Well I managed to catch up with Paul myself this morning and he had a chance to see the kids via cam and for them to see him. He's doing well apparently and as I already mentioned will be staying in the US until August. Apparently he'll be starting to do a little work soon, mowing lawns or something, not sure exactly what that is all about but I'll talk to him online again tomorrow.

He's really missing the kids and he bought something for Kaylie but every time he gets it out to wrap and send he remembers Kaylie and doesn't want to part with it. So I've told him I'll send him a few things from here that he can use to remind him of the kids. So far I've got a few of Kaylie's drawings/writing and I'm about to compile a few pages of photos. What else could I include?

I did think of sending him one of her stuffed toys but I'm a little wary that people might think I'm smuggling something in them lol. Strange that. You have to be conscious of all sorts of customs rules and regulations when sending a package overseas. I thought about sending a toy car but maybe that'll set off metal detectors etc. I know you can't send most food products. Food products are also a reason to be wary of sending stuffed toys. Some these days are filled with rice or seed etc.

Ok, so I added some of his mail, a small ball that may remind him of Josh and a small pony that will remind him of Kaylie (she loves ponies) Lots of photo's that I printed up with my new printer and had been taken with my digital camera over these last few months. Some of Kaylie's drawings and some of his Lord of the Rings figurines, I'm thinking he might want to paint them while he's there. He'll have to go get new paints and brushes because I expect he's left those here but there will be stores there that have them.

I think that'll be enough. A small box of memories and a way to pass on some of the mail that had been building up over here. Like his mobile bill which he'll need to pay at some stage. Hopefully it's enough to make him send something back this way. Kaylie's really looking forward to getting something from America. *Smile*

Now, onward to the housework etc. *sighs*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/356560-A-memory-box