*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/354929-Telecommunications-Service-Providers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#354929 added June 21, 2005 at 8:14am
Restrictions: None
Telecommunications Service Providers
Ok, well Bdigital have forgotten me. At least it feels like that. I've been onto them since February to switch me onto their Broadband deal so I can bundle my fixed, mobile and internet. It would have cost me $5 more a month than my existing provider but I thought the convenience of not having to use a credit card to pay would balance things out (especially since I don't have a CC)

But alas, still not connected. Thankfully I had an existing broadband but that's part of my chaff too. You see the excuse they've given me is that they are waiting on Telstra to get back to them about the ADSL capability of the line. I'm using ADSL on that line every day with my existing broadband, thus it's enabled, why do we have to wait on Telstra. But fine, wait on Telstra, but why has it taken months?

Anyway, I'm sick of it. Now if they call to ask me about the broadband I'll tell them I've changed my mind. Now I'm looking for a new provider for my fixed, mobile and broadband. I want to bundle them together. I need a mobile provider who does a deal on SMS since that's primarily what I use my mobile for. I SMS people with comments because I'm very speedy at it and then if they want to talk they call me. *Wink* I could hold entire conversations via SMS but more often than not my family cave and call me back lol.

Anyway, so I want plenty of SMS on a great deal for my mobile. I want cheap local calls and a reasonable line rental on my fixed line. It would be great if it also had message bank and caller ID. And I want unlimited broadband at 512. Bundled together. With one provider and one bill.

Now, I was talking to a friend on Essential Baby in the Money Managing forum. We'd just announced our highs and lows for last week and she mentioned that she was very pleased with her mobile phone bill because the company she uses gives you a credit on your bill if you pay on time. I asked her who she used and she told me she uses Orange. Yes, I know it's a fruit, but it's also a mobile phone service provider here.

I went to Orange.net.au to check out their deals. It's actually 3 which is interesting. (3 is the name of a mobile phone service provider, yes very strange names.) But that wasn't what I am semi-venting about. You see the description on Google says, mobile, fixed, broadband. Which to me means they would offer all three and if they offer all three they must bundle. All I can find on the site is their mobile phone deals.

Well, I dropped them a general sales enquiry to ask them about their other services, if they bundle, and if they do credit on bills paid on time or early.

I always pay my phone bill early. It's set to direct debit but I generally pay is prior to the DD date so that it's paid and I don't risk it come out when there isn't enough money in the bank to cover it. Or at least that's what I used to do. Now I've got the Equityline I'll leave it to DD itself because the longer the money stays in my bank the better my mortgage is doing.

So, that's todays mundane entry. I'm on the hunt for a new telecommunications service provider. I did like the deal Bdigital offered for bundling the broadband but since it's been months since I agreed to that offer and nothing has happened with it I've given up on believing that a new modem and cordless phone is in the mail. I guess I'll see what other companies can provide in the way of bonuses. Someone out there must have a deal to suit my needs. They are usually so customisable these days.

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/354929-Telecommunications-Service-Providers