*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/354430-Family-Day-Yet-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#354430 added June 18, 2005 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
Family Day Yet Again
Well apparently it's been two weeks since the last time I had all my family here for dinner. It doesn't feel so long because my mother and ex-step-father were here for dinner last Sunday but it has been two weeks since my sisters were here.

I've got chicken in the fridge and should probably start thinking of getting everything ready. It's only 9AM but I've got to catch up with the dishes and get the kitchen into order. Hopefully I'll get a couple of loads of laundry washed and folded before they get here too.

I should also think about what I'm going to do with the chicken I have, how can I turn it into a great meal? Mmmm, ponder, ponder. I'm thinking of cooking it up and then pulling it all off the bone and either doing a stir fry, a salad or something along those lines. I kind of like the idea of a cold chicken salad but that's more a side dish than anything. What would I put with it? Perhaps a spiral pasta with chicken and mushroom sauce and chicken ceasar salad to dress? Mmmm, salivating just thinking about it. But if I want to prepare that then I need to get to the shop this morning too because I don't keep fresh salad stuff on hand and I'll need some bacon for the salad too.

My sister Amanda mentioned something about taking Kaylie to the movies this afternoon. I don't know if that will happen or not and I haven't told Kaylie anything about it. What I'd love to do is leave the kids with my mother and go to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith with both of my sisters. I'll have to mention the idea when they all get here at 3PM.

My mother left me a book to read yesterday. The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown. I've heard a lot of rave about it but must admit one of the documentaries made about the book turned away my interest. It seemed preachy and a little far fetched. I mean they were trying to draw all sorts of significance in DaVinci's paintings and I think he would laugh his head off at the theologists and tell them it's just a painting lol.

Anyway, Mum remains adament that the book is nothing like the documentary and that it's a fiction story that is gripping and compelling. I'm willing to give her the benifit of the doubt so I'll start reading it and see how it turns out. It's not a book I would have taken from the shelf myself despite being a New York Times bestseller.

Anyway, better get this show on the road, lots to do and probably not enough time to do it.

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/354430-Family-Day-Yet-Again