*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/353842-Trip-to-the-vet
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#353842 added June 15, 2005 at 12:28pm
Restrictions: None
Trip to the vet
Monday after work I was on the phone when I walked in the house. I sat on the couch while I finished my phone call. Then like every other day, I walked in to give Reese's his afternoon treat. While doing this I looked over at Lazlo's (Mark's lizard) cage. I gasped at the sight. There was blood EVERYWHERE...the bedding, his food dish, all four sides of the cage and all over his arms and hands. I immediatley picked up the phone to call Mark...he was still at work. I told him to leave NOW.

When he got home he took Lazlo out and tried wiping him down to see how bad things were. His eye would not stop bleeding. We spent the next half hour trying to find a vet that was still open and would take care of a lizard. FINALLY we found one,but it was a 30 to 45 minute car ride away. Mark debated, but I told him he had to go. Because of that, I had to go with him.

We got there and knew it would be a wait since they were squeezing us in. Lazlo seemed pretty content, but still moving around,which was a good sign. We got called in and used a nice size probe looking thing to take his temp. Surprisingly he sat very still for that. Then the doctor came in. She said he was hemoraging and she would try to use stitches, but may need to do surgery. Poor little guy!

She came back a few minutes later. He was all cleaned up with 3 blue stitches on his eye. She was able to get the bleeding to stop...THANK GOD!! Apparently he had clawed his eye and pulled out tisse that goes around your eye...on the inside... along with the corner of his eye. OUCH!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/353842-Trip-to-the-vet