*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/353100-Candies-chocolate-jellies-sweets-lollies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#353100 added June 11, 2005 at 8:50pm
Restrictions: None
Candies, chocolate, jellies, sweets, lollies
Well I couldn't think of anything to write today and so I was reading instead and the Short Story Newsletter mentioned journal groups that offered prompts. I thought that is a pretty splendid idea because it allows you to focus on a subject, particularly when you can't think of anything worth writing about. So, thanks to the Short Story Newsletter, today's entry is about CANDY!!!

No not my old dog, although she was the sweetest Candy I ever loved. I'm not keen on what Candy brings to mind because when I think of candy my head conjures up these powdery textured lollies. But I think I'll focus the prompt to mean all kinds of sweets.

You can't beat Chocolate. But more specifically all Chocolate must be Cadbury's. There is no other Chocolate. (Note: The word Chocolate must always be capitalized, it deserves emphasis, I'm tempted to always bold it too. *Wink* )
Do you people in other countries get Cadbury's Chocolate? Or is Australia the luckiest country in the world? You hear about these other Chocolate companies, like Red Tulip, Nestle and Heritage amongst others but they aren't Chocolate, not real Chocolate. Not a glass and a half of full cream dairy milk, Chocolate. Note to Everyone: If you're going to send me Chocolate make it Cadbury's or I'll treat it like hate mail *Wink*

I also love liquorice (did I spell that right?) I was told that it's made out of seaweed and I have no idea if that is true or not but I don't care. Liquorice is beautiful, especially when the cravings hit. My cravings for liquorice don't last as long as my cravings for Chocolate. But I'll get into Liquorice strips, squares, bullets, etc. Mmmmmmmm.....

I also love what I call jellies. Jellies include Strawberries and Cream (the lolly variety not the real thing), Chico's, Jelly babies, rasberries, cars, and pineapples. All of these are the chewy lollies and are great. When I see a movie I load up a bag of jellies from the lolly selection.

Not many other candies that I'm in to. Kaylie enjoys chuppa chups (lollypops) But I could get back into Chocolate. I love Cherry Ripes, Mars Bars, Milky Way, Caramel, Malt Crisp, Curly Whirly, M&M's and Smarties. *Smile* You also can't get past a plain Dairy Milk Block. I love Easter because you get about a Dairy Milk Block worth of Chocolate in bunny shape. For some reason Chocolate shaped into a bunny tastes even better than a plain block.

Anyone else incredibly hungry? Now where did I put my block of Chocolate? *Wink*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/353100-Candies-chocolate-jellies-sweets-lollies