*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/352776-The-Truth
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#352776 added June 10, 2005 at 8:32am
Restrictions: None
The Truth
Yesterday I had sent an email to Dominic to invite him to Sue's party next weekend, as she had asked me to do. I did this for two reasons...1st was to extend the invite, but 2nd was hoping he would respond so we could chat a bit and clear my mind a little.

Just as I had hoped, he did reply. In my email to him I only mentioned the party, nothing else. He replied thanking me for the invite, but them mentioned Mark. He told me that he will no longer be seeing Mark. That Mark expressed an interest in sleeping with Dominic, but wasn't ready to be in a relationship. Dominic told him he is not into that and that their final kiss was a kiss good bye.

When I replied to him I asked him if I could talk to him without offending him or without it going back to Mark. He said of course...that was a mistake. I typed him a book of questions. Not just about him and Mark, but about Mark in general. Trying to understand where his mind is at and understand the situation in general.

Without typing the whole book I received back here is are the basics...Mark is very unhappy in MI and wants to move, which I have known this for the last 5 years (he's a procrastinator), doesn't want to be in a relationship until he knows where he's gonna live, likes Dominic, wants to see where the relationship would go, but doesn't want to commit, Mark has "BEEN" with other guys, and Mark will never tell me his most inner feelings because he feels I am too motherly; however, he knows I know. The last comment hurt the most. The whole reason we are not closer is because of who I am. When I read that part of me wanted to figure out how I could change to make him feel more comfortable with me, but then I realized...I am me and I can't and shouldn't want to change that. Granted I am sure I can be a little too caring, which is annoying at times. That is just who I am...I am very caring and would do anything to help anyone I am close to. Heck I even try to help people I am not close to. I thought that was called compassion or caring or concern, not being motherly. Am I wrong?

I do feel better having a better understanding of things and having Dominic to discuss this with. I also think that is what I needed to hear to move on with my life and quit being so concerned about his life.


© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/352776-The-Truth