*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/352728-Time-To-Move-maybe
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #942302
Sunflower's Blog
#352728 added June 9, 2005 at 10:20pm
Restrictions: None
Time To Move, maybe
I live about 15 minutes from my Mom's house in Dallas, and we both want me to live closer to her. We don't think we'd do well in the same house. She'll be 83 in another month, and we both like our independence. The house two doors down from her's is up for lease. We are going to see the inside at 1:00 tomorrow afternoon.

We've been through this "me almost moving" at least a half a dozen times. I've been in my place about six years, and I really like it. But to be closer to Mom, I'd give up the garden and the attached garage.

I'm going to spend the might at her house tonight because she needs a ride to her epidural shot at 9:00 in the morning. It would be so much more convenient, and I'd be closer if, and eventually when she needs me. I worry about her staying by herself, even though we talk on the phone every day. If I'm two doors down, she can keep a better eye on me. I don't think I have any secrets any more that would shock her. Keep me living honest.

She sounds like it's going to happen this time. My adenalin isn't pumping about it yet. I remember though, I always seem to move in the heat of August.

Every day is a new horizon.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/352728-Time-To-Move-maybe