*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351778-The-Wonders-of-Friendship-Family-and-Wishes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#351778 added June 5, 2005 at 8:20pm
Restrictions: None
The Wonders of Friendship, Family and Wishes
Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate my birthday. I think your wishes were granted because I did have a very nice day. It was a beautiful and after the innitial chaos wasn't nearly so bad as it could have been. I was able to enjoy time with my dearest family and while they couldn't stay as late as I'd have liked it was a lovely evening. Lots of cake and goodies to go with the roast dinner I cooked which turned out perfectly (as my roasts usually do) *Smile*

One of the interesting gifts I received was a book called "The Way In". It's actually two books, one is the book you read and the other is a book of lined paper (stationary, *drools*) It's about journaling and the art and history of keeping a journal/diary. Reasons why keeping a journal is good for you and the various forms of journals people have created over the ages. It's all very interesting and I'll probably set the book part up as a bookcrossing book when I'm finished reading it so if you'd like your chance at it let me know and I'll send it to you in the mail (so long as you promise to send it on to another when you are finished). *Smile*

I don't feel any different today. lol Not strange I know, but when I was a kid I remember feeling so much older the day of and after my birthday. This year the day before yesterday and today are very much alike. I just realised I didn't get to make a wish last night. Mother moved in on the cake cutting because I was busy with the camera. Not that it matters, I wouldn't have known what to wish for anyway and I can always make a belated birthday wish if I think of something. I think I'll wish for peace and happiness around the world.

Paul was online this morning and Kaylie enjoyed seeing him. He cried when he saw Josh. I think being so far away helps hit it home that he doesn't get to see them so much these days. Josh is going to grow up barely knowing his father unless Paul makes a real effort. I don't think I'd have had the strength to give up my kids like Paul has, she must be one hell of a lady (or I must be one bitch of a wife lol). I saw her on cam occasionally and they do seem beautiful together. She cares about him and he adores her. It's interesting to see them together, the envy is there but not so much for the people but for the light that shines in the relationship they have together. I want someone who'll love me like that. I know it'll come in time but meanwhile I'll go float on fantasy, maybe a Greek God fantasy so I can be with Scarlett. *Smile*

My Mother-In-Law is taking the kids out today. So hopefully I'll get a chance to see Star Wars III. Finally!!! There are a few movies currently out and soon to be out which would be great to watch. I'll have to wait till they come out on DVD for the most part. I might see about swinging my mother into baby-sitting and taking my sister/s to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith. They are both looking forward to it but one is more likely to come watch it with me than the other if we can arrange it.

Meanwhile, this ramble alert I'm beginning to develop is going off. I've also got to finish getting breakfast together for my hungry kids. *Smile* Have a fantastic day everyone.

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351778-The-Wonders-of-Friendship-Family-and-Wishes