*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351560-Todays-the-day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#351560 added June 4, 2005 at 7:18pm
Restrictions: None
Today's the day
Well, the day is here again. The day I remember in the past as being so wonderful but as an adult usually sucks. I can't help but get my hopes up for a fantastic day but it's never the same as when I was a carefree child. I can't believe I'm only 23, I feel much older than that. I mean I have a five year old daughter, I must have been insane to think I was an adult when I was 17 and giving birth to her.

This morning I thought I'd cook up pancakes. I actually wanted another warm bowl of porridge but Kaylie didn't want it three days in a row. Pancakes are alright but they go on my 'too heavy' list along with pizza, lasagne, spaghetti, etc. Only to be consumed occasionally or when you're particularly depressed and need something heavy. Maybe I'll just do one pancake for Kaylie and have cereal myself.

I have to go up to the shop later today. It's days like today I wished they'd passed the seven day trading. I voted for seven day trading. It would make things so much convinient. If the small businesses can't compete then they should step up their quality. I mean today I have to go to Farmer Jack's, it's the only grocery store that is open (nearby). I hate Farmer Jack's, produce is frequently out of date and of shockingly poor quality. Personally, if Farmer Jack's went out of business because of seven day trading I'd be very happy indeed.

Anyway, I'll have to go there with the kids early today to get a butternut pumpkin, drinks, milk, bread, anything else I might need to feed my family this evening. My sister should be bringing a cake so I don't have to worry about that although I could make something too, just in case.

You know, birthdays as an adult suck. I liked it better when you woke up and didn't have to do anything but open presents for the whole day. I think I'd love a birthday where I could lounge around a resort, no kids, some handsome guy to do my bidding, brandy, snow, a fur rug and a warm fire. No worries at all and that handsome guy dressed in nothing but a red ribbon. *Wink*

Fantasy land, makes days like today much more interesting. Meanwhile, I better get the pancake mix going. Got a lot of non-fantasy things to do today. *sighs* Housework and cooking, two of my least favorite pasttimes. *Frown*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/351560-Todays-the-day