*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/350408-Wild-Wacky-Web-Cam
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#350408 added May 30, 2005 at 7:30pm
Restrictions: None
Wild, Wacky Web Cam
Well I'm guessing Paul got off on his flight safely and landed by now but I've not heard from him. The webcam he bought off Ebay arrived yesterday by parcel post and I've hooked it all up and checked it's working. The image isn't the best and instead of constant video like you get with a video camera it's jumpy. Only a second or two but it's more like a bunch of stills tacked together.

It's interesting watching yourself while you are doing things on the computer. You try to remember to keep smiling but you have so many expressions and a lot of the time you have no idea that you use such a range.

I recommend webcams for that reason alone. *Wink* I don't plan to use the camera much to let people see me. I'm not really into the voyerish aspect. I mean is it really very interesting what I look like while I'm online talking to you? I could understand webcam to webcam you could almost have a face to face conversation, in fact I think this webcam has voice as well so I could have a face to face conversation via the web but I don't think I will.

At least Paul will be able to see Kaylie and if I can figure out the voice feature she can talk directly to him rather than needing me to type what she says. I guess more experimenting to come over the next few days. Sometime, eventually, Paul will check in to talk with Kaylie.

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/350408-Wild-Wacky-Web-Cam