*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/349833-Taking-it-easy---and-Invention
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#349833 added May 27, 2005 at 8:27pm
Restrictions: None
Taking it easy - and Invention
Well as I've decided to take a small break from writing, hopefully it won't extend too long. I'm run down with illness probably aggrevated by lack of sleep and so I've decided not to push myself to hard while I recover, get plenty of sleep, relax with a good book or six and focus on my kids and my home for a little bit.

It's hard not to feel like I should be writing. I've got The Dating Game waiting for editing and I'm sure there is more I could be doing with After The Storm. But the truth is at 6:30AM when my alarm goes off I'm still exhausted so I've been clicking the alarm off and staying in bed a little longer, as long as my kids will let me which isn't really much longer anyway.

My computer seems to be working much better now. I've had a few glitchy (virus-like) problems with it but having down a whole load of scans, updates and optimisations things seem to be working much better. I'll have to run my game and see if it still argues with the monitor about screen resolution.

My head's been thinking of Morrowind today. Morrowind is a role-playing game for those of you who don't know. It's one of my favorites but I haven't played it in a long time. I'm pretty sure I no longer have my saved game which I had been playing long enough to nearly complete the game. It's daunting to consider starting all over again because the game is epic, it can take weeks, even months of regular playing to get back to where I was. I haven't finished Divine Divinity yet (the RPG I bought recently) although I'm doing pretty well in the storyline. I'm torn between starting something new or fighting the game till the end. I don't like leaving a game incomplete so perhaps I'll play Divine Divinity for a while longer before installing Morrowind again. I've also got Arx Fatalis and Pool of Radience to get through. At least I can't complain about having nothing entertaining to do.

Scarlett mentioned that her soul type (see below entry) came back as an Einstien type. I thought it was interesting things about inventions. My family and I have come up with a number of things which would probably be great inventions but we've never considered researching and patenting our idea's to bring them to fruition. It takes real dedication and belief in an idea to put that much effort into it and much as I'd love my car-wash-type-bathroom-cleaner to exist I'm not mechanically inclined, I have no idea what would go into making it function.

Who are our modern day inventors? Perhaps those of us who have ideas for things could send the ideas to people who can make it happen. So my car-wash-type-bathroom-cleaner idea could be sent to a builder/inventor. Perhaps the person who invented the pool creaper? Or who originally invented car-washes? Who knows?

It's interesting to think of all the things we could create. So many rather insignificant seeming inventions have changed the world. Think of paper clips and post it notes. The inventors of those items make a fortune every year. What made someone go, I wish I had something to hold these papers together. I know, why don't I bend this bit of metal? Oh, look, I made a paperclip, I bet other people would like one of these. How about I patent the idea and mass produce them to sell to the world? A paperclip. A warped mind is all I can think of, nothing but a warped mind could believe a twisted peice of wire would be of interest to the millions of people around the world who buy paperclips.

So, what inventions do you have in your brain that you aren't sharing, patenting, creating, for the world?

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/349833-Taking-it-easy---and-Invention