*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/349529-Doctor-Visit
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#349529 added May 26, 2005 at 8:47am
Restrictions: None
Doctor Visit
For my own piece of mind I went to have a physical yesterday. Seems there has been a lot going on with the family this year and I just need someone with medical authority to tell me I'm okay. What can I say, I'm a hyprocondriac (sp) and need reassurance! *Smile*

My appointment was for 12:30, but I didn't make it back to my room until approximately 1:00p.m. That was okay, I had the day off so I was in no rush. About 10 minutes after sitting in my room watching Blues Clues...each room has their own TV/VCR, the doctor arrived. I really like both doctors I see and feel very comfortable talking with them.

The physical began with me giving her a full update on my family history, which took a bit of time. I mentioned to her about my grandpa being diagnosed with bladder cancer. She reassured me that although cancer in the family is something to watch, that the main concerns I should have is if someone has breast or colon cancer. Whew, I felt better!!

Then I told her about my pain in my side, which I only feel if I cough. I told her how the other somone was telling me it could be my gall bladder (I cannot spell today). She giggled a little and told me it was probably a pulled muscle. Then during the exam she pushed on my stomach/side area and asked if I had pain. I said no. She said if I had a problem with my gall bladder that is the area it would hurt. I love a doctor that will test ya for things they know are not truly happening just to ease your mind!!

I was informed that I should have been coming for a physical every year, which I was not aware of. I figured as long as I have my female exam every year I was okay. NOPE, I was wrong. Great, something else to add to my annual duties! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/349529-Doctor-Visit