*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/347406-Family-reunion
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#347406 added May 16, 2005 at 8:12am
Restrictions: None
Family reunion
This weekend my mom and uncle arranged for my immediate family and his immediate family to meet half way. We live around 5 to 6 hours away from each other, so we ended up meeting in Kalamazoo.

I was amazed when I saw my three cousins, who are 10 and 11. They have grown so tall...literally they are up to my shoulders. Granted I am only 5' 5", but still that seems tall for their age.

It was a lot of fun hanging out with them for the day and watching them interact with my two nephews, which they were basically meeting for the first time. Justin LOVED Annie. He would not leave her alone, except when Tom showed him how to play with his Game Boy of course. Jacob became attached to Jack, he thought he was the funniest thing around. He would run around Jack and keep laughing...mind you Jack was not doing anything, but sit there. Very cute!

While the kids played in the pool I was able to chat with Natalie a bit. Always good to catch up with the relatives!

I will have to say the best thing, which of course I had to chuckle on the inside about, was watching/listening to Natalie and Shelley in regards to kids. In my observation I can say that although the two of them are a lot alike, Natalie could teach Shelley a few things about raising children. Such as it is natural for kids to get dirty and even ruin their clothing; that kids cannot be forced to eat if they are not hungry or overly tired; and most important...if your child is doing something wrong telling them to stop and ignoring them as they continue to do it will not teach them...enforce it!!!

However, all in all, it was a lot of fun...really!! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/347406-Family-reunion