*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345633-On-Writing-Poetry-and-the-Poetry-Raw-New-Camera
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#345633 added May 6, 2005 at 7:51pm
Restrictions: None
On Writing Poetry and the Poetry Raw, +New Camera
I spent some time writing my entry for the "Invalid Item last night. I was really pleased with the results even if my mother did think that he was kissing a horse. I can admit that with my original phrasing anyone who wasn't used to poetic metaphor might get confused. My mother doesn't know much about poetry. She thinks poems consist of four lines with rhyming second and fourth lines. If it doesn't have that then it's not a poem in her opinion.

It's a shame because it means she doesn't appreciate my poetry and I would really like the share it with her and get her feedback. I often wonder if she claims ignorance of poetic form or plain disinterest in poetry in general to save her from being honest about how terrible my poetry is. It's very confusing and conflicting.

Anyway, so I finished my entry, "Invalid Item. There has already been a few reviews and I'm looking forward to seeing the poems of the other people in my group. I'm also hoping to read over most, probably won't have a chance to read them all, of the other entries. See what the heavy weight devision does with the prompts not to mention check out my competition for future rounds (now that's optimism) of the RAW.

Oh and I got my new camera. It should arrive in the mail in the next couple of weeks. Got it under the price I wanted. My limit was $400, and that includes postage so I my max bid was $382 ($18 for postage) It came in at $376.71 That's a great price considering that the others the same eBayer is selling have been closing at $405ish and it retails at $999. I'm looking forward to it's arrival now and I've already packed up my old camera. I've got to wrap it because I'm giving it to my mother for Mother's Day. *Smile*

What do single mothers do about Mother's Day? I mean you can celebrate it for your mother but until your kids are older how do you celebrate it for yourself? Do you buy something you want and wrap it and let the kids give it to you? Or do you ask a relative to go out shopping with them and let them spend their pocket money? Or do you do some projects leading up to Mother's Day where they can make some interesting things? Or do you just forget about it, give yourself a pat on the back for doing the hardest job in the world but otherwise let the day pass by?

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345633-On-Writing-Poetry-and-the-Poetry-Raw-New-Camera