*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345238-No-one-wants-my-eBay-auctions--
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#345238 added May 4, 2005 at 7:34pm
Restrictions: None
No one wants my eBay auctions :-(
Well seven days down and three days to go on my eBay auctions. I've currently got my old pram, two baby baths, and a PC game listed for sale on eBay and I'm so disappointed at the lack of response. Only one item has attracted any interest at all. The white baby bath that I paid fourty dollars for and only used once is at a staggering two bucks. *Frown* I hope things pick up, I really would like to find a new, loving home for the pram, it holds treasured memories. But if these don't sell on eBay I guess I can still give it to the salvo's.

My mother is doing much better with her auction. She's selling a sweater knitting machine. She set a starting price of ten dollars and it's up to fourty dollars now with seven bidders. I'm glad her introduction to eBay has been so successful. She's an addict now. She loves it even more than I do. *Smile*

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed today. I keep reflecting on all the editing The Dating Game is going to need. Some parts feel terrible, flat, empty, others are missing vital chunks, others chatter on inanely. I know that some parts are gold but those parts seem few and far between. I haven't begun editing yet because I'm determined to get it all onto the page before I start that step. I'm currently most of the way through chapter six with seven, eight, nine and ten to go. I'd have thought that by now it would be getting easier, but it's not. I guess I should be preparing myself for the wall which will undoubtably be hitting soon. Or perhaps this is the early stages of it. At least I'm well into the habit of getting my twenty minutes done every morning now so I'll have no excuses not to slam past that wall when I get to it.

Meanwhile, today I get to have morning tea at Kaylie's school. Her class is having a Mother's Day celebration. They'll be signing songs and we'll eat cake and buscuits with tea and coffee. My mother is coming too and I'm sure it will be a delightful hour. I'm looking forward to seeing some of Kaylie's work.

She has their Learning Journey coming up soon. Instead of regular school report cards we have a Learning Journey this term to see where they are at. They also have a portfolio that gets sent home twice a year. The Learning Journey involves being invited to her class and going on a tour around the walls etc. of the work they've been doing. It's great to see the progress she's making, especially now she's learning to read and write. I love comparing the way she wrote her name at the beginning of the year to the way she writes it now. There has been such improvement. *Smile*

I guess I better go get them up out of bed. I can't believe they are both still asleep. *Does the kids are asleep dance* I hope this is a sign of them getting into a routine of staying in bed while I get up in the morning. *Smile* I doubt it but no one ever died of optimism. *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345238-No-one-wants-my-eBay-auctions--