*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345107-The-call
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#345107 added May 4, 2005 at 9:41am
Restrictions: None
The call
On Monday Mark bought a portable fire pit. The bad thing is just two weeks ago we got rid of all our wood we had. So last night we decided to drive through the neighborhood to pick up wood from houses who trimmed their trees over the weekend. It is free, why not?! *Smile*

As we are on our way back I hear my cell phone ring. By time I got to it the caller went to voice mail. It was my mom. When I got home, approximately 2 minutes later, I listened to the message. She said she had news about my uncle and to either call her last night or on my way to work today. She knows better than that. I am the worrier of the family and a message like that is not going to sit well.

So I try calling her back only to get the answering machine; however, less than 5 minutes later she called back. During the five minutes I was waiting I was trying to think of what she may say. I knew about a month or so ago he was having medical issues so I assumed she was calling to tell me that he was going to have or did have surgery. This is the one time I truly wish I had been right!

She called to let me know that she just found out he has cancer. If he chooses to have treatment they give him 3 months to a year; however, if he chooses to go without treatment he may have 3 months. This is news I watch in movies or hear friends/co-workers discuss about their family members or friends...not my family!

I feel so bad for him! I cannot even imagine what he is going through. Then I also feel bad for my aunt who is going through it along with him and has no family near her. Even though our family is and will be very supportive to her, it will be through email, phone calls and cards/letters in the mail. Although she is a very strong and independent person, I know there are days she will just need someone to give her a big hug and be the strong person for her.

I am truly hoping and praying that this situation will be one of God's miracles and he will make medical histroy by surviving his illness. I know this is wishful thinking, but at this point that is all I have! *Frown*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/345107-The-call