*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/344462-A-sunday-to-myself-mostly
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#344462 added April 30, 2005 at 9:03pm
Restrictions: None
A sunday to myself (mostly)
I'm looking forward to today. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with myself. I'd like to go see A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy at the cinema but I really can't afford to and it would take up the whole day because I'd have to rely on Paul's car to get me there and then he'd pick me up when he delivers the kids back to me. It's better to stay home and enjoy the time to myself doing various things I enjoy even if it means missing a prime chance to see a movie I really want to see. I can at least get it when it eventually comes out on DVD.

Yesterday, was pretty good. Kaylie's friend arrived fairly late, closer to lunch than morning tea and they only stayed about an hour, no more than two. But that worked well because they had fun and since they aren't used to visiting each other none of the kids got too carried away in that time. They enjoyed the jelly cups and Kaylie and I enjoyed the untouched cupcakes after they'd left.

Kaylie loves the Hairy Maclary stuff I got her and her Daddy (Paul) visited them last night. We picked up take away dinner after she'd opened her presents, clothes and a large stuffed pony. She loves the pony, she loves all things to do with horses. *Smile* He's taking them both out again today and I expect she'll come home with more toys. Paul spoils them now, trying to make up for not being here for them I guess. I can't complain, he buys them the sorts of things I can't afford. *Smile*

This morning the writing was slow to start. I'd actually slept in. The alarm went off while I was feeding Josh so I rolled back to continue feeding him and fell asleep again. So I started late and already had the feeling that I'd let myself down. Eventually as the timer ticked away and I dealt with some other interruptions I got into the flow and realised that starting late didn't matter. I actually wrote beyond my twenty minutes to the end of the scene.

Emma has just fled suddenly terrified that she's getting in too deep with Jake. Her boy, Kayle just said he loved Jake and the swift emotional attachment her normally shy and reserved son had experienced hit home how seriously the relationship was already progressing. For a woman who needs to be in control since her divorce she's floundering.

Tomorrow I'll write the scene where Jake and Emma talk courage = being afraid but doing it anyway, life/love is a risk, don't give up the joys of tomorrow for the safety of today and all that. She's had one relationship where she settled because it was safe and comfortable. I'll enjoy thinking over the scene today. I can totally understand how Emma is feeling but it will be hard giving her the courage to keep giving it a shot when she's terrified she's falling hard and fast.

We'll the kids are dressed and ready to go. Paul is about to rock up on the doorstep, so it's time to say bye for now. I might be back to do some reviews today but more likely will put the time into my game, Divine Divinity. It's absorbing and fun. *Smile* There is so much to explore and it's quite difficult, challenging. It's exactly the kind of game I really enjoy. *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/344462-A-sunday-to-myself-mostly